Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

My New Obsession…Turquoise!

White hat: boardwalk boutique; Turquoise necklace and bracelet: Francesca's collections

So I have recently become obsessed with turquoise jewelry. I grew up in Arizona, so to me, I have always viewed it as the tacky stuff that you pick up in those ridiculous touristy shops just to say that you bought something “Arizona-ish”. Or call me weird, but I have always associated it with grandmas, maybe, because growing up I have sent mine so much of it over the years that I always see her and her friends in it.
I have come to realize though that turquoise is actually quite beautiful and in the right setting, pretty gorgeous. I personally love it on gold. It just seems to bring out the brilliant color even more so and I really just LOVE gold. So I have recently started collecting it here and there. And with my luck I live a convenient place to buy it.
I have paired my turquoise pieces with yellows, purples, floral’s and so much more, but my all-time favorite is against white. It helps the turquoise pop even more! And to top it all off, I add a big white floppy hat! Come on, who doesn’t love an over sized floppy hat; especially in the AZ heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment